Pages

some thoughts

I should be doing homework, but some thoughts flood my head instead. Like:

Why does this seem so appealing, when I can hardly stand the winters in ARIZONA and I deeply disapprove of FUR USE?

That is ICE. As in an ICE HOTEL. In SWEDEN. Why does this seem like a necessary place to visit? I saw a special on it about a year ago on the Discovery Channel and I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. Several puns were involved. I remember one: "At this bar, you don't get ice in your drink, you get your drink in ice." The glasses were made of ice. Obviously.


I don't know, man. It kind of reminds me of a weird hippy cult meeting house.
Regardless, I have to go someday. They make a new one every year, if I remember correctly. Which makes a whole lot of sense, as it is, ya know, ICE. Also, each room is designed by a different artist, which all share a weird hippy cult aesthetic apparently. It works.

2 comments:

?? said...

I think I saw that special too, because I've seen this before. Yes, I hate cold, but I love this hotel.

Kaylie said...

I know, it makes me want to be a crazy hippy eskimo or SOMETHING.