Pages

i miss you, plaid jacket. (but not so much you, biology homework)

 Do you ever feel like you're stuck in a rut with your wardrobe?  Well, for someone like me, it's a sad situation, because I love using clothes to show whatever crazy thing I'm into at the moment, whether it be fifties housewife (usually the case) or cowboys (I found some boots in Flag--sooooo excited to wear them).

  It's not so much a rut as an impatience.  Can't it be cooler out, already?  All I want to do is wear tights and cardigans and jackets and headbands (Maybe I am just experiencing GG withdrawal?).  Sometimes I start getting dressed and I realize that I am wearing 3492374938 more layers than is acceptable for summer in Arizona.  I do love the warm weather, but I think I love dressing for Fall and Winter just as much, if not more.  I think that I might be able to weather (pun intended) living somewhere else (like Portland, yeah!) with cold winters for this reason alone.  As long as I can wear some chunky sweaters and hats, life is good. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a layers girl as well. I more than often find myself leaving the house with a sweater and hat on, and then halfway through the carride to wherever I'm headed realize why I'm so uncomfortable: it's 100+ degrees outside and you're in Phoenix Arizona! Ahh... oh well.
Fall's approaching faster than I'd thought it would!

Katie said...

I layer all the time. I can't wait for fall to get here...it's my favorite season. I've been in the Middle East all summer and I'm missing my jeans so much! I wear them all year round, and it's been weird not having them here.