Pages

nyc: first impressions

We out here! New York City is now our home, somehow. It seems a bit hasty, committing myself to a city as high-maintenance as the Big Apple after one whirlwind of a five-day trip. It kind of feels like marrying someone I had a fun, but stressful date with two years ago. Against all odds, I think it's going to work out.

We really hit the jackpot when it comes to neighborhoods. We are smack in the middle of the Village, which is home to dozens of restaurants, coffee shops, bars, and shops. It's enough to keep us busy for the next three years! Washington Park is only a couple of blocks away, paving the perfect morning walk for me and Pierre. I'm absolutely smitten.
I've ventured out on my own a few times now, and have survived! It feels very impressive, although I know that it's not that big a deal to the countless strangers and pups I've passed. It's been sunny and humid most days (although right now it's raining), so I've been hiding behind my sunglasses, quietly ogling at every new part of my daily life: the beautiful buildings, the expensive menus outside restaurants, the chic outfits of passerby, the heaps of garbage on the side of the street, the adorable dogs...

A few NYC firsts:

Pierre's first New York pup pee (outside Think Coffee, where I bought my first NYC nitro cold brew because you can take a girl outta Portland...).

Our first family walk through Washington Square Park, where I acquired major heart eyes for our new neighborhood.

My inaugural black and white cookie from Sweets by Chloe, where I realized vegan sweets can be just as tasty as non-vegan sweets.

My first rat spotting and my first public urination spotting. Enough said.

Here's to many more firsts! XOXO Gossip Girl

No comments: