Pages

youth in revolt


I really enjoyed it.  Micheal Cera kills me!  Although I don't buy that this is the first girl to act interested in his character Nick.  I mean, he has a thing for Frank Sinatra records and old films--could he be more adorable?  Regardless of this utter blasphemy, I laughed a ton. 

Speaking of records, I now have my own record player! This is swell news.  Also, I have acquired a heart scarf and a heart ring after an afternoon downtown.  I can't resist the power of hearts this time of year, what can I say?  Another thing I can't resist--watching 4092384029 movies.  I seriously watched 6 or 7 this weekend alone.  Among them, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and okay, Leap Year.  I can't resist rom-coms with Irish love interests; sorry.

More than ever, lately I miss Ireland, and Europe in general.  Last summer seems like a distant dream!  I want to go back ASAP.
photo, the cliffs of Moher, summer 2009

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad to be hearing good things about youth in revolt. i want to see it so badly. i can not resist michael cera. haha. and yes, impossible that no one would be interested in a sinatra/classic film fan with cera's face. impossible.

the life aquatic has been on my movie list for awhile now... i too watch waaay too many films.

Anonymous said...

i haven't seen it but i'm clicking the link right after i leave this comment!

moonshinejunkyard said...

i love that you are calling movies "picture shows"....dreamy. we saw The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus tonight. Spectacular fun, truly awesome work by Mister Terry Gilliam. And I really bad want to see Youth in Revolt too. I've been wanting to post about the question, "is it bad to watch 4092200397857 (or whatever your amount it) films all the time?" because i'm keeping a list for the new year and i'm truly astouded at how many movies i watch! some good, some def not, but always a fun use of my time it seems.

Kait said...

I echo your feelings on Youth in Revolt.

I usually hate rom-coms but I am totally psyched to see Leap Year. It's accents and beautiful scenic shots I swear. Get me every time!