Pages

today was a good day


Throw Me The Statue, "Lolita" from Thinklab on Vimeo.

I painted some pottery, read, went antiquing, took a half-nap, and watched When Harry Met Sally, which I had never realized I had never seen.  Of course I loved it and its obvious Woody Allen influence.  Gee whiz, way to be a movie snob, Kaylie.  Let's pretend that didn't just happen.

Anyway.  A good day.  And I couldn't help but be completely thrilled that the barista at the Coffee Bean commented on my dress.  The aura of mystery I tend to try to pull off with strangers backfired (as it usually does) when I gushed how much I appreciated the compliment because I finished the dress last night. We chatted and now the barista at the Coffee Bean knows about my New Years resolution.  I'm an open book!  However, at the antique store, when a couple of ladies told me they loved my dress, I was better equipped, simply smiling and saying "Thank you!" My subtlety was rewarded with one of them saying "How very retro!"  This added comment made my day, and possibly my whole haphazard, slightly shoddy sewing career.  Friendly strangers make life just snazzy, don't you agree?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE friendly strangers! (and the coffee bean :D)
it's always neat to strike up a conversation with someone you don't know, and even better when they talk to you. especially compliments.

last week the cashier at trader joe's chatted with my about how much he liked my bracelets, it made my week. lol :)

(oh, and awesome that you're making you're own dresses! kudos to you! i could NEVER do that)