Pages

i ♥ macarons


Today I got one batch closer to perfecting my macarons (see poorly photographed mint macarons above). Suffice to say, I have about 48324987 to go.  This was my third or fourth time I've attempted making them, and the second time I've used this book, along with a few tricks I've picked up while reading blogs. Making macarons is one of the more tedious things I've attempted in my 17 years.  I don't know if it's because I'm terribly slow or slightly incompetent, but these suckers take me at least three hours to make... I am so happy they turned out semi-okay.  They were good enough for my little sister and her friends at the very least.

3 comments:

Zoë said...

Have you seen this blog? You might like it. :) http://www.foodbeam.com/2007/07/15/sunday-cest-herme-second-week-la-folie-des-macarons/

I have never had a macaron, but I'll have to try one!

Keri said...

They were delicious! Good Job Tates!

Zoë said...

You're welcome! And no, I'm not kidding. If I didn't get into London, I would apply somewhere else. But, I would love to study English or Literature in London. :D

Where can I get good macarons?