Pages

4th of July Weekend

For the 4th, I went up to Flagstaff with my friend Dahlya's family!
We had a blast--heart-shaped sunglasses and purple parasol included.  It was such a great thing to be able to go back to Flagstaff after my day trip there a week before.  We walked downtown and took advantage of all the festivals going on.  (My favorite was the farmer's market. So many delicious samples.  Yum!)
The weather was to die for--it was about 25 degrees cooler than here in the Valley.  I couldn't stop saying how beautiful it was!  It was perfect for the picnic we had one day after a hike.
It was so nice to get away for a few days.  I was so happy to just sit down to read or embroider!  This summer has been a little nuts.  I felt like it was the first time I got to slow down to enjoy summer!
Dahlya's dog Maizy was my faithful reading buddy.
I am in love with kitchens lately.  Dahlya's family's was so cute!  Although it didn't hurt that Dahlya was always making us awesome food in it, either.
To end the weekend, we made some cherry pie. It was quite lovely.  How was your 4th of July weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm. That cherry pie looks wonderful!

Flagg sounds like it was a wonderful idea. We stayed in the valley and had a picnic at the top of the parking garage where my dad works. You could see all of the fireworks from Tempe from there!

Happy belated 4th!