Pages

june in squares.

photos
Moving out, moving out again, and moving in FINALLY.  Ted and I were supposed to move into our new place on the 1st.  It took ten long days for it to be "ready.  Those ten days of sleeping on the floor of my empty room and then my newly decorated living room (long story) seems like years ago.  June seemed to have lasted decades for some reason.  Maybe it was the weird 3/4 moved-out situation, or the fact that I wasn't eating sugar, but it was looooooooooooooong.

photos
New tastebuds in the making. So yeah, no sugar in June for the Whole 30.  It was rough.  But so, so worth it.  I've kicked my sugar habit majorly.  I still have some cravings obviously, but I feel in control of them, and don't have them as often.  It's awesome.  I still don't know what the hell is going on with my stomach, but at least I have some control over its communication with my brain, right?

photo/photo
Money woes. I like to spend money, I admit it.  This article explains it so well.  I like to spend when I'm super happy/excited about something, and I like to spend when I'm super unhappy/bummed about something. Kicking the sugar addiction has been certainly helpful, since most "little treats" for myself are say, a chai or a pastry.  Gotta keep my expenses in order for our big trip to PHX and NYC this October!

photo/photo
Things to celebrate. Same-sex marriage is a reality now, and that's incredible.  Love is love, and everyone should be able to celebrate it.  Another cool thing that happened this month?  Momma Bear Magazine got funded on Kickstarter!  I went to editor Mary's house for a little shindig, and loved hearing her gush about the issue going to print and getting the announcement just minutes after that getting funded would be a reality.
photos




















Adjusting to adult life.  It's hard.  So hard. But I'm trying to embrace it, with style and vegan ice cream. It helps that I have a partner to support me, and friends to vent to.  Life is hard, but good!

No comments: