Pages

handmade birthdays

One of my greatest joys in life is making handmade gifts.  Since I started knitting this summer, I took that as an opportunity to make Ted a Gryffindor blanket and Claire a Hufflepuff scarf.  Although they are far from perfect, I am really proud that I have overcome my fear of knitting.

When I finally got to go into the Button Emporium & Ribbonry a few weeks ago, I bought some snazzy ribbon and a giant button for Erin's birthday crafts!  I made a leaf headband (one for me as well) and an "award ribbon."  I am a sucker for pretty ribbon.

Well, that's all I can reveal for now.  ;)

4 comments:

Maggie Shirley said...

I really want to learn to knit or crochet. That might be a craft I try taking up over Christmas break. Love all of your crafts!

Anonymous said...

The blanket is beautiful! So glad you enjoy knitting as much as I do! Keli

Bookish.Spazz said...

Ahh! Harry Potter related knits! Awesome!

Kayleigh said...

I am STILL working on a Hufflepuff scarf for Amy... I fail so much at knitting, but I keep trying! Beautiful handmade gifts, though, you're really talented!