Pages

excuse me while I relive parts of my trip

To think that I was in Scotland this time a month ago... It is the most wonderful thing to wrap my mind around. If I didn't have pictures, I would have insisted it was all a dream.
While I was in Europe, I did some major shopping. I ended up with loads of clothes I didn't even touch in my suitcase due to this fact.



In Dublin, I found the softest dress at United Colors of Benetton. The best part was emerging from the building to find a band playing in the street--guitar, violin, the works. Lovely. I wore the dress the next day in Scotland with my purple socks, mary janes (oh the stairs they met), and a weaved pin I bought at the weaving store in the folk park at Bunratty Castle. I just remembered how I tried a bit of their homemade apple pie at the bakery there...Yum.


In Edinburgh, a group of us girls hit H&M. Majorly. Unfortunately, I could not find one thing that fit me correctly in the whole third level of the women's department. When this sort of thing happens, I hit the children's section. In fact, on the way up to the third floor I had spotted a small artillery of tutu-like skirts. Defeated, I found myself in front of them, deliberating if I could pull off a tutu meant for seven year olds at age sixteen. I compromised with gray (although the hot pink was quite tempting). It was the perfect fit for our ghost walk later that night.


I scored this skirt at an awesome boutique in Edinburgh called Pie in the Sky. The skirt was one of many "recycled fabric" items that were all unique and decidedly old-fashioned. Naturally, I had to wear it in Shakespeare's birthplace, Stratford Upon Avon. Yeah, that's how my brain works. Also, I am wearing a Scottish bow tie from the Wallace Monument gift shop as a headband, although it's not quite visible.

This post was spurred my visit to sockdreams.com. I miss wearing socks with my mary janes--I got very accustomed to this while in Europe for some reason, and now I'm smitten. I want them all! Too bad I have to buy mine in the kids section (my feet are puny little things), because these are precious. :(

2 comments:

Kait said...

I love your style! It is completely your own. Sometimes on blogs you can tell who people are trying to imitate with their style but yours is just simply you : )

Kaylie said...

That's the best compliment! Thank you. :)