Pages

happy mardi gras + women's day


(photo)

So it's Mardi Gras. And  I have no idea what to give up for Lent.  I decided to construct a list of things I enjoy way too much to help me with my decision.
  • My car. Haha, good one.  This one is ruled out by default.
  • Glee. Seriously, this night's episode was SEXAAAY. No really, it was called "Sexy."  (And yes Blaine, in fact you do turn my knees to jelly.)  It was also very emotional!  I was so impressed by the writers of Glee for being so fearless and real.  I started to tear up a few times, but then Blaine would come on and I'd be like, EVERYTHING IS OKAY, FOLKS because he is such a sweetie (understatement of my life) and seeing him with one of my favorite characters (Kurt's dad) made me SO HAPPY.  Also, it was so great to hear Kurt's voice for the first time in decades!  Seriously!
  • Darren Criss.  You guyzzzzz!  I haven't fangirled this hard since the 2010 outbreak of Stevens Fever.  I am losing my mind.  I listen to Not Alone on average of a 3242 times a day and Warblers songs are on constant repeat.  Can you blame me?  I have a weakness for intelligent and attractive musicians.  And Darren Criss is not only this; he is also a talented actor and writer.  And let's not forget he has PLAYED HARRY POTTER and is ON GLEE.  He is also so down-to-earth, sweet, and open-minded.  What more can you ask in a guy?  Answer:  Nothing.
  • Yearbook.  NOT HAPPENING.  Yearbook is MY LIFE, my love, my joy, the love of my life, the joy of my being.  My one and only.
  • Cuddling with my dog Izzy.  (See above)
  • Gossip Girl. This would be cheating, because it isn't going to be on again until April 18th anyway.
  • Tumblr, Blogs, Twitter, Facebook.  I gave up Facebook last year and it went alright...it just gave me more blog time. I honestly think that if I did this again I would end up just binge-tumbling and tweeting and blogging, which kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
  • Pushing the snooze button. The possibility of eight more minutes of sleep is oh-so-irresistible.  The possibility of 16...24...32... Well, I can't help myself.  It's so easy.
  • Baking.  Let's level here; giving this up would be a lose/lose situation for everyone.
Oh my goodness!  This is going to be a tough one.  I think there is some room to compromise, though.

For Lent I try to choose things that will help me improve as a person and simplify my life.  I'm also always up for a challenge.  So this is my proposition:
  1. Resist the urge of pushing the snooze button.  (The horror!)
  2. Limit computer time to one hour a day.
  3. Refrain from buying Glee songs on iTunes. (This will be slightly painful for me, but it will be worth it when I get to buy the Warblers CD coming out sometime in April!)

BTW, today is the 100th year anniversary of International Women's Day.  Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last night's was my first episode of Glee ever, and I'm now hooked. Darren Criss is fantastic... not that I wasn't expecting that.

We don't give things up for lent in Orthodoxy. We have set fasting rules. No meat, no dairy, no olive oil, no wine. That's hard enough to adhere to for forty days. Although, when I was little my mom always included "no tv" in the above list.
We can't always adhere to them (I admit I rarely exempt olive oil and dairy, and sometimes cave and eat meat), but we try our best. I have done it once or twice though. The whole list.

Have a good lent! It means Easter is just around the corner :D

ps. i haven't been on blogger in FOREVER! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i feel terrible having missed it! hope it was lovely! :)