Pages

human hosepipe: 5 more days

I just got back from the first Harry Potter party of the Deathly Hallows season.  We dressed up, did trivia, played quidditch, and watched Deathly Hallows Part 1.  I even tried out a new recipe--BUTTERBEER CUPCAKES!  I think they turned out pretty good, however I've never had the pleasure to try real Butterbeer (although two of my friends have, those lucky ducks) so I don't know any better.

As a storm raged on, we watched the film and chatted.  It was quite a relief hearing about everyone else's personal cryfests during this tough time.  I'm glad I'm not the only one pulling a Cho Chang, breaking out in tears at any given moment.  This video that I so cruely posted on Facebook a few months ago was brought up in conversation.  Warning:  It launched 48091283091 tears.  Sorry 'bout that...


After the movie ended, I headed home in the storm.  It was only sprinkling, but the sky was occasionally lit by forceful lightning.  With the Voldemort-like lightning, the warm buttery smell left by the Butterbeer cupcakes, and A Very Potter Musical blasting, I drove home feeling quite nostalgic (and human hosepipe-esque once more).  You know something monumental is coming to a close when you're nostalgic before it's even ended.  But like an enchanted snitch once wisely advised, "I open at the close"... The end is near, but the magic will continue to flourish (& Blotts)!

4 comments:

Maggie Shirley said...

All of your cute little Harry Potter references throughout these posts are the best.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited, and yet so terrified.
It's going to be magical, and a cryfest, and an adventure. I'm so happy to have had Harry Potter in my life.

I'm watching the video again. It makes me cry, but in a happy way, and it's going on my facebook. I know, I'm going to make all of my Potter loving friends cry, but it's too perfect. Oh my...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

This pretty much sums it up! I cried so hard again today during Snape's story, but I wish it was longer in the movie because it's definitely the best part. Thanks for throwing the best HP Party ever! I'm glad we could bond over it for so long, and I'll never misplace my Snape wand ever (again)! P.S. I WAS HARRY'S PATRONUS, GUYS.