Pages

cambridge for the day



Last weekend, I spent Sunday in Cambridge.  It was so nice to escape the city for a day and wander around the old campuses.  We punted on the flooded river, which was such a wonderful experience, because the weather was so kind to us.  Sunny and lovely--just what we needed.  We walked around the shops and market, and I emerged with some pretty craft paper from Ark and a delicious Cornish pasty.  The Eagle was our pub of choice, because Watson & Crick announced their discovery of DNA there.  I did something much less important there--I drank some mulled cider and shared a dessert sampler with the table.  We can't all be geniuses...

Around 3:30, we went to the beautiful King's College Chapel for their Evensong service.  It was a treat hearing the boys choir.  (It was also great seeing them before and afterwards in their little tailcoats and top hats.)  We actually went to Evensong at St. Paul's recently, but the echo there made it hard for me to hear the choir.  Afterwards we wandered around some more, but everything was basically closed, so we finally ended the day exhausted but happy at a Thai restaurant, where I think I ate my food faster than should be acceptable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like tons of fun! You ladies look sO sophisticated! (especially you lol) I'm glad you enjoyed these experiences, and for the ones to come! the choir is always peaceful and nice. Keep enjoying your dream-like ventures! You are right where you belong, right now! : ) sO happy for you, enjoy every moment! : )