Pages

on my mind

I think the Facebook app "Top Words" (it calculates your most commonly used words in your status updates) sums up the contents of my brain now perfectly.
  1. life - used 37 times
  2. good - used 30 times
  3. happy - used 30 times
  4. love - used 29 times
  5. yearbook - used 22 times
  6. harry - used 17 times
  7. glee - used 15 times
  8. christmas - used 14 times
  9. why - used 14 times
  10. potter - used 14 times





Life is good.  Life is also confusing, frustrating, annoying, and sometimes just crazy.  But mostly it's freakin' awesome.  Especially when I get to see my Izzerton.



Good thing I realized what I wanted to do with my life before college began.  That in itself is so relieving and comforting.  I love having a distinct visualization of the goal I am working towards.

Happy Saturday!  I decided that college-wise, Saturdays are my favorite.  I love going downtown for the day. Especially when it involves...



It had oodles of breads, desserts, pastries, and arguably my favorite thing in the world, MOZZARELLA AND TOMATO SANDWICHES!  Actually, this one had fancy olives too.  It was tres delicieux.

This is the sandwich, half eaten.

We originally set out to find Trader Joe's, but instead we found Food Front, which was pretty nice and had some of my favorite magazines (Martha Stewart Living, Dwell, Bon Appetit, etc.) including McSweeney's, which I had never seen in the flesh before.

Also, FINGER PUPPETS!

And this is just the slightly terrifying Portlandia statue on top of a building.


 Love Portland.  More and more each day.  I am enamoured with the green & DIY scene.  (Hey, I can rhyme!)

A blurry picture of me NOT in my natural habitat.  This was a trail that Siri and I used a couple of weekends ago to walk to the grocery store near campus.  TO THE GROCERY STORE, GUYS!

My favorite bench for reading and studying.  So. Green.  Just don't wear bright red tights or bees will come to say hi. (True story.)


Yearbook, I miss you so.  Is it lame that I explained the theme of the 2011 book to my friends at dinner tonight?  DON'T EVEN CARE.  I miss it.  So very thankful I have something creative to be a part of here (costume shop), or I would be so very empty.

Harry Potter references.  All day long.  Thank goodness I have friends here that tolerate it and sometimes encourage it.  
Let's just pretend the Manor House is Hogwarts, okay?

GLEE!!!!! It's on my mind 24/7 now that it is back.  Yesterday I received season 2 on DVD in the mail!  It was a delightful surprise.  Thank you, Grandma!
P.S. Amy sent me that cute crane in a lovely package.

Christmas is just around the corner!  I am extremely EXCITED.  I thouroughly enjoyed watching the Glee Christmas episode last night before I went to sleep.  Christmas songs are my drug.  I can't wait to overdose the moment it strikes midnight after Thanksgiving.  Also, the Christmas Glee episode is the happiest situation ever.

LOOK AT THE KLAINE!  Maggie and I give you full permission to watch this even though it's not Christmas song season yet.  I guarantee it will lift your spirits.


Why isn't it holiday season yet?  Also, I am literally daydreaming about winter break already.  Can you say Christmas party?
"CHRISTMAS PARTY!" says You.

9 comments:

Maggie Shirley said...

You always have fun little theme things to your posts and I love it. Also, GLEEEEEEE! It was very fun texting you about as we both watched last night. I am glad we are blog friends.

Katie said...

well, I'm officially jealous that you have such a delicious boulangerie there. That's something I miss SO MUCH about France.

Keri said...

Love this post and love hearing about your life in Portland! Love you too. xoxo

Bookish.Spazz said...

PORTLAND SOUNDS SO AWESOME!!

I really want it to be Christmas...

shelbyisms said...

I LOVE PORTLAND. You're so lucky. And so adorable. Gah.

Anonymous said...

Kk. .bestest BLOG ever!!

Also I watched "New Girl" it WAS SO GOOD....ONLY PART OT gLEE SO FAR...GLAD THE dvd GOT TO YOU ;;THX. TO aUNT kELI....KEEEEP WRITING!

Anonymous said...

Totally Agreed! Best blog ever! ( No fence mom! ) I love and miss u very much! If u didn't hear mom she said, " Kendal said when she looked at a picture when u two were younger she missed u! From, Kendal

Anonymous said...

Pastry and McSweeny's Oh My!

So much awesome in one post. SO MUCH.

Kate said...

yay! this was so creative. i'm tempted to copy you...ahem. i miss you so much, and the grocery store path looks dope. p.s. do i still look like that!??!! lolol