Pages

weekend update

***You should listen to this as you read this/do homework/do anything, because it is a wonderful playlist.

Just for the record, I am falling in love with Portland more and more each time I explore it.  This weekend was no exception.  It's just ridiculous.  This place is so good!  The food, the shops, the people.  Just.  Lovely. 

One of the best parts is how absurdly weird things are sometimes.  The craziest thing happened.  Siri, Regina, Ted, and I were at Tea Chai Te to get some work done, when we met A BABY SLOTH.  With a PINK BOW in its hair and BABY CLOTHES on its hairy brown body.  I can't even...  What.  Only in Portland, man.  We were dying at this bizarre scene.  Apparently they have a sloth colony.  A sloth colony!!!!  Who even knows.
After Regina and Siri headed back to campus, Ted and I decided to go see if we could find a cooking pan for him to make me delicious food.  On our way to Kitchen Kaboodle, I insisted we stop in Paper Source, which was heavenly crafty.  I wanted everything.  Everything.  Especially the Halloween stuff.

While Ted talked to someone about pans at Kitchen Kaboodle, I reveled in the displays of holiday cookie cutters, cake pans, and decorations.  The holidays are approaching!  I could not be more excited.

Before heading to dinner with our friends Nate and Emily, we went into Moonstruck and bought some chocolates.  They were delightful!  I can't wait to try their hot chocolate, which Ted claims is awesome.

SUSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was unbelievably happy to have some sushi.  So thrilled.  It has been too long.  See below the crazycool Dynamite Roll.  It was pretty great.  Yummmm!

After sushi, Ted and I headed over to the movie theatre.  Ted hadn't seen Midnight in Paris, so we saw that, and it was just as snazzy as I remembered it.  SPOILER--I was especially excited for Ted to see it because when I asked him the other day what era he'd most like to live in, he said the twenties.  I kept looking over at him and he was grinning so big.  He's a keeper.

Sunday was spent sewing in the costume shop, and that night I was sorted into Ravenclaw at Harry Potter club.  Life is good.

On a side note, waking up with fog everywhere is the craziest thing ever.  Although I do enjoy having the creative liberty to write stuff on my window.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Keri said...

I think I just gained 5 lbs reading about all the yummy food! Thanks for being there for Ken tonight. xoxo