Pages

photo diary: crystal cove & laguna beach


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
We loved Crystal Cove!  We had a ton of fun tide pooling while waiting for a table at the delicious Beachcomber.  I had the Lobster Roll--yum!  The weather was overcast, but that was fine with us.  We watched the residential crabs, urchins, and clams.

After walking around the quaint Crystal Cove, we headed back towards our "villa" and hit up all the cute shops.  Ted introduced us to The Hat Box and my dad got a hat as an early Father's Day gift.  (Now he's in the hat club--our club picture is above.)  We also found an adorable home store called Tuvalu (Ted got me a pelican matchbox to add to my bird matchbox collection). Between truffles, gelato at Gelato Paradiso, and Sunrises at Zinc, I'd say it was a wonderful time had by all.

When we got back to our place, Kendal and I made a mermaid much like the one we made years ago in Alabama.  She has seaweed hair and a seaweed bra.  We found a few shells and put it on her flippers.  Kendal named her Pearl.  For dinner, we took over the huge deck with a beautiful view of the ocean to grill kabaabs.  It was a lovely last night at the beach with the family and Ted.

The next morning we packed up, went to breakfast at The Cottage, and headed to Ted's to drop me off.

No comments: