Pages

happy birthday to a wonderful, completely lovely human being

Thank you Audrey, for being the classy, independent woman you were.  I owe so much to you for being such a role model during the formidable years of my life.  I literally remember the moment I picked up Breakfast at Tiffany's and decided to spend my birthday Target gift card on it in the sixth grade.  I remember thinking, I've seen this lady before--on the wall of Nicole's bedroom!  When I was younger I would gaze up at the poster of Audrey with curiosity.  I remember thinking, What is that contraption she is holding?  (It was a cigarette holder, of course.) Why is she so dressed up?  (It was because she was elegant and glamorous, of course.)  Years later, she still instills a kind of awe in me.  I know that she has influenced me in ways I can't even imagine. 

To celebrate, I suggest popping in one of your favorite Audrey films (I chose Funny Face) and making yourself some pasta (I made penne with spinach, shredded mozzarella, walnuts, olive oil, basil, sea salt, and black pepper--pretty delicious if I do say so myself).

Stay classy, blogosphere.

2 comments:

Katie said...

confession: I've never seen an Audrey movie. My life is severely lacking.

Anonymous said...

I love Audrey. :)