Pages

favorite costume design

Marie Antoinette - Milena Canonero (2006 Oscar winner)


Bright Star - Janet Patterson (2009 Oscar nominee)

My Fair Lady - Cecil Beaton (1965 Oscar winner)

Harry Potter films - Jany Temime 

The King's Speech Jenny Beavan (2010 Oscar winner)

The Devil Wears Prada - Patricia Field (2006 Oscar nominee)

Alice in Wonderland - Colleen Atwood (2011 Oscar winner)

 Lord of the Rings - Ngila Dickson and Richard Taylor (2001 Oscar nominee, 2003 Oscar winner)

Wes Anderson films - varied, but Wes is very involved with the "look" of each character, particularly in Fantastic Mr. Fox

Funny Face - Edith Head & Hubert de Givenchy (1958 Oscar nominee)


As a lover of lists, I complied a list of my favorite movies costume design-wise.  Much to my pleasure, I found out that most have been given Oscar nods!  I feel so much more legitimate in my plans now.  

Also, as much as I love to read, I LOVE not feeling guilty about re-reading Harry Potter instead of trying to get myself to enjoy Jane Austen or "classics" this summer.  I am so happy I am following my heart and not going into English half-heartedly.  There are other fabulous people who are truly meant for it!

BTW, summer is totally awesome already and it hasn't even been a week.  xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you're going into the field you love! You have wonderful taste. :)

Speaking of Harry Potter: HARRY AND THE POTTERS ARE GOING TO BE HERE THE TENTH OF JUNE (NEXT WEEK)!
I'm going to try my hardest to go. I'm such a geek. haha.

Unknown said...

i am so happy to have found someone who loves Bright Star. I recently stumbled upon that movie in my netfix instant watching run and I am in love with the absolute beauty of everything in it! And, I am glad you've discovered something that you love so much!

Kaylie said...

Amy, I KNOW, I AM GOING!!!

Emma, Bright Star is lovely! Thanks. :)