Pages

oscars 2011

The Oscars were wonderful this year!  I was fortunate to watch them with some of the funniest people you will ever meet.  What a magical evening!  James Franco and Anne Hathaway were delightful hosts, and when I say that, I mean James was super awkward and Anne was simply wonderful and outright hilarious.  (Although I did love their intro.)  I truly think that every winner was well deserving.  My favorite speeches were Natalie Portman's and Colin Firth's (I really want to see him bust a move now).  The whole show was very well-executed with such stunning visual effects!  The stage itself deserved some sort of award.  I also loved how James and Anne cracked jokes about appealing to a younger demographic, because we all know it's true!  By the way, I died laughing during the montage of auto-tuned scenes.  For reals; I started crying laughing...

Anyway, everyone looked their snazziest!  Here are my personal favorites:

Mila Kunis in Elie Saab
Purple lace is my favorite!  I think I might need this dress immediately.

Natalie Portman in Rodarte
Natalie Portman is the epitome of modern elegance.  Love her!

Anne Hathaway in Lanvin and STELLAR Brian Atwood heels
Can't get over this one!  For the most part, I loved all her dress changes (especially the Vivienne Westwood and Versace) with the exception of the long-sleeved Tom Ford.  Lucky Anne!  When I change my outfit that many times in a day, my dad just laughs at me.
Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa
She is fourteen.  FOURTEEN.  Sigh.

Although I have to say, my friends and I did look pretty fabulous, you know, for the Arizonian suburbs...



AND we had cupcakes.  (I can't resist the opportunity of themed treats.)

Life is good, and this week is MY BIRTHDAY WEEK (my birthday is Saturday).  What a fabulous week it is already!  Also, I just found out tonight that both Tuesday and Wednesday are half days?!  I LOVE finding these kinds of things last minute.  Here's to a fantastic week!  xoxo

1 comment:

I Live For It said...

This post is so so so cute! So happy I stumbled on your blog, it's fantastic! Following you now. ;)

I Live For It

Xx. Jewls and Liza